Take a tour of the ancient world behind the scenes to gain new perspectives.
How many elements are you still overlooking despite having heard many Bible stories hundreds of times? Even the most well-known biblical stories can have deep meaning when given the proper context, which can sometimes be all you need to understand them. The NKJV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible offers just that. This NKJV Bible is filled with in-depth knowledge about biblical times' traditions, literature, and culture on every page. These intriguing explanations can help you better understand the Scriptures as you study them, boosting your confidence and bringing challenging sections into sharp focus.
The original audience for the Bible was an ancient people who lived thousands of years and kilometers away from us. The Scriptures contain nuanced cultural undertones, references, and allusions to historical occasions, works of literature, and cultural practices that were intuitively grasped by individuals who first heard the passages read. We require a doorway into their lives and language in order for us to really comprehend the Scriptures as they did.
With notes from Dr. John H. Walton (Wheaton College) for the Old Testament and Dr. Craig S. Keener (Asbury Theological Seminary) for the New Testament, the NKJV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible brings the ancient world of Scripture to life for contemporary readers.
• 8.9-point type size
• Dimensions: 10 x 7.13 x 2.36 inches
• Weight: 4.31 pounds
• Complete text of the New King James Version (NKJV)
• 2017 ECPA Bible of the Year Recipient
• Targeted book introductions explain the context in which each book of the Bible was written
• Insightful and informative verse-by-verse study notes reveal new dimensions of insight to even the most familiar passages
• Key Old Testament (Hebrew) and New Testament terms are explained and expanded upon in two helpful reference features
• Over 300 in-depth articles on key contextual topics
• 375 full-color photos, illustrations, and images from around the world
• Dozens of charts, maps, and diagrams in vivid color
• Words of Jesus in red
• Cross references, a concordance, indexes and other aids for Bible study
• Bonded leather cover lays flat when open