This easy-to-read full color handbook gives you a big-picture view of the Bible to set you up for a lifetime of Bible learning. Quickly get a firm grasp of key Bible foundations that will give you a clearer understanding of God and his Word than ever before! Discover: Bible history and culture, people and characters in the Bible, major themes of every book, seeing Jesus in the Old Testament, and applying biblical truths to today's world. Includes time lines, maps, and illustrations. 256 pp, trade paperback, 7 x 9.5 inches.
Understanding the Bible has never been easier! Whether it's your first time picking up the Bible or you read it cover to cover every year, the Self-Guided Tour Of The Bible will have you looking at the Bible with fresh eyes in moments! In just 9 illustrated chapters, explore:
Introduction to the Bible
- A Quick Overview of the Bible
- A Time Line of Bible History
- Jesus throughout the Bible
Essentials of the Bible
- Basic Bible Geography
- Overview of People and Characters in the Bible
- A Breakdown of the 66 Bible Books
Why Study the Bible?
- Jesus' Life and Teachings
- Heaven, Hell, and Eternity
The 8 Major Themes in the Bible Salvation in Christ, Living by Faith, God's Sovereignty, and more!
You know it's important to read God's Word: we read the Bible to get to know the Author himself, but it's an intimidating book! With 66 books and around 800,000 words, the Bible is massive and complicated with history, names, and events. Where do you start? How should you read some of the miraculous events and interesting characters? The Self-Guided Tour Of The Bible answers these questions and many more! Tap into the incredible depth and wonder of God's Word with every page of the Self-Guided Tour Of The Bible.
Includes Over 200 Pictures, Maps, Charts, and Time lines!
Detailed Maps That Help Put the Bible into Context
Includes full-colored, labeled maps that show
- The Middle East with the Kingdoms of Babylon, Assyria, Canaan, and more!
- The lands the Israelites passed through to get to the Promised Land
- Israel and Jerusalem in Jesus' time
- The cities and countries where Paul traveled
Dozens of Charts and Diagrams that Show Key Information at a Glance
- Books of the Bible grouped by era and theme
- 37 parables of Jesus with each lesson and references
- 13 Comparisons of Genesis and Revelation that Reveal God's Redemption
- and more!
Time Lines That Cover Over 140 Bible and World Events
This full-color, illustrated time line covers major biblical and world events side by side such as
- The fall of Judah and rebuilding of the Temple (same era as Confucius)
- King David's reign at the same time as the Mayan dynasties of Central America
- The first Olympic games were recorded during the time of Jonah
- and much more!